On this episode of Practice With The Pros, Evan Cory and Andy Benesh take you through one of our favorite beach volleyball warmup games or drills: Skinny Court.
There are endless variations of skinny court, and some — take Benesh and Miles Partain, or Travis Mewhirter and Tim Brewster — will do entire practices of nothing but skinny court. It’s that good. In this version, the rules are thus:
– Draw a court about two meters wide and the full length of the court
– The first 5 points are played as normal: pass, set, hit with your strong hand, but without jumping
– The second five points are played as normal: pass, set, hit with your OPPOSITE HAND with a jump
– The third five points are played as two, one, none, meaning you can have one touch hitting two parts of your body, one touch hitting only one, and one touch being played as a legal soccer touch.
– Finish the match to 15 jumping with your strong hand
Let us know what you think!
SHOOTS! VIDEO: @dfritomedia